Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A weekend getaway

Mark, Jackson, and I had our last weekend away before I start working full time (4 days a week) next week. We rented a cabin in Blue Ridge and stayed a few days. It was a great family time just to re-group.We spent lots of time in our PJ's and enjoyed swinging in the hammock.
On Friday my mom brought my grandparents and Jase up for the day. We went to our favorite orchard, had lunch, and then spent the rest of the day sitting by the river. I think it was a sweet time for Ma and Papa.
Nee had a great time with her boys too, as usual!
The scenic Blue Ridge railway was right in front of the river, in front of our cabin. Jase loved seeing the train go by, after all that is what his beloved "Pop" drives!
I am so thankful for our family and the close-knit relationships that we have. God has blessed us in so many ways!

2 comments:

Catherine Smith said...

Hey Gret! I love hearing all about you guys. I miss you all so much, hope we can get together again this fall maybe. Miss and love you guys,
love,
catherine

Stephanie said...

great trip-precious family! i love you guys! he is getting so big...i love your hair long, too. good luck with starting back to work full-time...call me soon-i'm just busy loving on my new baby girl and her big sister! :)
LOVING it!